Sunday, August 07, 2005

Hey Mister Man

There is a man in Eunice. He stands very still, holding what appears to be a Wal-Mart bag and a large drink, most often a Taco Bell cup.

First sighting: July 5. Location: Taco Bell. We had just returned home from Austin, and Curt wanted to grab dinner before hitting the road. We ate in that night instead of drive through, and the man was sitting alone, not eating, with his bag and his drink.

Second sighting: Earlier this week. Location: Dairy Queen. Dana and I pulled up for a MooLatte, and there he was, standing outside, his usual possessions in hand.

Third sighting: Last night. Location: 3rd Street and Laurel intersection. Mom, Andre, and I spotted him, and I told them how I always see him. It was beginning to creep me out.

Fourth and final sighting: Tonight, midnight. Location: Taco Bell. I finished ordering and pulled up, not quite to the window. He stood directly outside my window, behind the building, cup and bag in hand.

Is he looking for money? Is he looking for a ride? Is he performing a social experiment, seeing how many people will avoid eye contact? Most importantly... what's in the bag?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home