Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Realism

I'm a realist. At least I try to be, though my reality is sometimes hazy. But I digress. I just theorized that maybe human life is as real as it gets, and if we can make everything imitate it, then everything is real. Whoa. Like, ok. A fetus. In its first few months, it grows more rapidly than it ever will again. Then when the baby is born, you've got to be really careful, really tender, pay a lot of attention to it. It gets older, you've got to fuss at it. It becomes a teenager, you've got to yell at it. But you also get to rough it up, you know, play football and things like that. But you still love it because it's something you have created and fostered. And like, compare all of that to a relationship. In the beginning you exert so much energy, saying the right things, being really careful, etc. Then in the middle you do the fighting, you know, the yelling. You might even neglect it, because you feel like it can take care of itself. And it may get roughed up, but you still love it, because it's yours, you've worked for it, it's special. And, I don't know, maybe that's as real as it gets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home